I felt good throughout the run! I felt better running 8 miles than running 6.5 miles two weeks ago! Why?
- Was I better rested? Hmm, I don't know.
- Was I better hydrated? I made sure to take a sip of water at every drinking fountain I came across.
- Was I better fueled? (My last post was about fueling your body before and after exercise.) I made sure to eat a good breakfast so that I'd have the energy for such a long run.
- Was I simply in better running condition? It was my 5th run in 2 weeks; all of them were only 3 miles.
- Was I more relaxed and less stressed? Hmm, I don't know.
Afterwards, I stretched, drank water, ate & showered, in that order. I felt great!