Monday, March 29, 2010

The Longest Run of My Life!

I ran 8 miles yesterday as part of my 1/2 marathon training. I don't think I've ever run farther than that in my life, and it's certainly been since high school since I've run that far!

I felt good throughout the run! I felt better running 8 miles than running 6.5 miles two weeks ago! Why?
  • Was I better rested? Hmm, I don't know.
  • Was I better hydrated? I made sure to take a sip of water at every drinking fountain I came across. 
  • Was I better fueled? (My last post was about fueling your body before and after exercise.) I made sure to eat a good breakfast so that I'd have the energy for such a long run.
  • Was I simply in better running condition? It was my 5th run in 2 weeks; all of them were only 3 miles.
  • Was I more relaxed and less stressed? Hmm, I don't know.
It's  always something related to the SWEET Life! (Sleep, Water, Eating, Exercise, Tranquility) It was probably related to all of those, and I ran a different route, which was interesting, too.

Afterwards, I stretched, drank water, ate & showered, in that order. I felt great!

No comments:

Post a Comment