Wednesday, October 21, 2009

A Moment Alone, Virtually Surrounded

I finally have a moment alone . . . Ahhhh . . . And I don't know what to think or do. I think I'm supposed to be really busy catching up on stuff right now, but I'm drawing a much-needed blank.

This week, so far, I've been busy in the mornings, babysitting in the afternoons, and working in the evenings. I knew that this morning would be my first morning to myself to get stuff done. Both kids are in school, so I should be focused on business, which I did, catching up on business emails (& facebook). Hmm, what else was I supposed to do?

I've been coming across a lot of articles lately about virtual vs. face-to-face interaction. Most have said that face-to-face interaction is still the most important thing, but the last one focused on virtual meetings & conferences and how much money they save (in travel, hotels, meals, etc.) while still being effective. Social Media is so widely used these days. I was offline babysitting yesterday and missed entire, important discussions about an upcoming event! So much is happening online; I feel I'm missing out because my work and lifestyle prevent me from staring at a screen all day. At the same time, for my business of helping people live a Balanced Healthy Lifestyle, is virtual the best way for me to go? Is it best if I meet people face-to-face but use online systems as a way to follow up? On the other hand, is it best if I make the connections online, then follow through in person? Hmm . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment